These are the last memories from our vacation to London and Paris! I still can't believe I was actually there!
- Liberty: Wow. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe this place. I foolishly thought it would be a small store with lots of floral fabric and that's it. I didn't realize it was filled with floor after floor of beautiful goods. From the housewares to the shoes and the glorious yarn section, I was in heaven. My favorite part was the gorgeous flowers sitting outside greeting us on our way inside.
- Carnaby Street: After looking around Liberty, Kim took us around the corner to Carnaby Street. It is a hidden, cobblestone street with tons of cool shops. This area was one of my favorite places we visited!
- Victoria & Albert Museum: So many of you recommended that I visit this museum. Let me just say...THANK YOU! This place was amazing (and free!). I loved wandering around and gazing at the beautiful paintings and sculptures. I found several book lovers reading throughout the museum too. ;)
- Musée d'Orsay: This was the first place we visited after we checked into our hotel. Another beautiful museum filled with art that blew my mind.
- Lunch on The Seine: We had lunch at a café near the museum. I was so happy that I was able to order our lunch in French and the waiter even smiled at me. Two points for Meredith!
- Architecture: I saw beautiful buildings at every turn.
- Macarons: We had these macarons at a random bakery we came across on our way back from lunch. They were so good, but not quite as good as the famous confections from Ladurée. Mmm. We went to Ladurée on our last day for lunch and, of course, a sweet treat.
- Paris at Night: We booked a "Paris by Night" tour and it was so wonderful! Seeing all of the buildings in the City of Lights lit up at night took my breath away.
I hope I get the chance to visit these two beautiful cities again someday soon! For now, I am thankful for all of the wonderful memories I got to share with my mom. :)