This always happens. When I am trying to focus on one craft project, another idea pops into my head! Last night, I was working on an upcoming crochet project when I lost focus, wondering if I could somehow add a little something to my favorite pair of scissors. I started crocheting over one of the grips and...voila! A moment of distraction turned into a cozy grip cover. Here is how I did it if you want to spruce up your own scissors...
- A G6/4.00mm crochet hook
- Cotton yarn (I used Rowan Handknit Cotton)
- Tapestry needle
1. Create a slip knot on your crochet hook and leave a long tail for weaving.
2. Bring the hook under the scissor opening, pull the yarn up through the opening, wrap the yarn around the hook, and pull through. Continue with single crochet until the grip is covered.
3. Pull the yarn through the last loop and bind off.
4. Now that you have two long ends on each side of the grip cover, use the tapestry needle to weave in the ends. Cut off the excess yarn.
5. Repeat these steps for the second grip.
Sometimes good things can come from distractions.
Let me know if you give this quick project a try. I hope your week is off to a great start!